What is Active Together?
Active Together is a project run in partnership by Everything Human Rights and The Pelican Centre.
The project aims to bring our whole community together through activity that improves your health, fitness and mental wellbeing.
Active Together is funded by a grant from Power To Change and The National Lottery Community Fund, in partnership with the Ubele Initiative, Social Investment Business and Locality.
What do I get?
Active Together gets you active and gives you a great opportunity to meet others in our community.
- Dedicated gym, swim & class sessions at The Pelican Centre
- Try new experiences like canoeing, snorkelling or dance!
- Opportunities to meet new people
- Volunteering & training opportunities
- FREE home activity pack containing a pedometer, cards, games, fitness activities and ideas
Who is Active Together for?
Active Together helps every member of our community who’s looking for a way to meet others.
Whether you just want to swim once a week, or you want to try something new with likeminded people, Active Together helps households in Tyldesley, Atherton, Higher Folds, Hag Fold, Astley, Howe Bridge and Leigh who are:
- Feeling isolated or alone
- Part of our BAME community
- New to the area & want to meet people
- A low-income household looking for affordable ways to get active
Sign up to join in!
Active Together sessions will start in February 2021. Sign up now for your FREE home activity pack!